Very easy. You’ll need:
1/2 Kg chicken breast, skinless and deboned
Bell pepper -yellow, red and green, 1 each
Salt and pepper
4 cloves of garlic, diced
1/4 C red or white onion
Pepper or Monterey jack and sharp cheddar cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 TSP paprika
1/4 TSP cayenne pepper
1/2 TSP cumin
1/4 TSP chili powder
You can use your leftover roasted chicken for this dish.
1. Always start your dish preping your ingredients. First the chicken, cut into cubes and season it with salt.
2. Dice your garlic, onion and peppers. Cut them a bit smaller than your chicken.
3. In a medium heat pan, saute your garlic and onion in oil.
4. Add in your chicken and spices Cook for about 5-7 minutes depending on the size of your cubes. Stir occasionally so chicken can cook evenly. Do not crowd your chicken, spread them evenly in your pan.
5. Once chicken is cooked or has a light brown sear, it’s pepper time. Add your bell peppers and see the lovely colours in your pan. Stir fry for another 1-2 minutes. If you want the added crunch then turn the heat off and just cover the pan for the next 5 minutes and let the remaining heat cook the bell peppers.
6. Assemble. Tortilla, chicken, cheese, tortilla.
7. Place your quesadillas in a hot grill pan and melt the cheese. Do not leave your pan as this will only take about 10-20 seconds. Flip the tortilla and char for another 10-20 seconds. Don’t worry the cheese would’ve melted by then and it will hold your ingredients together when you flip.
No grill pan? No problem. You may use a non stick pan for your quesadillas. It’ll work the same way just without the grill marks, you can use your microwave too. The purpose of heating it up is to blend in your cheeses with the cooked chicken. If you want your tortillas to be a bit crunchy instead of soft you can leave your quesadillas longer in the pan.
Slice your quesadillas and serve with your favourite salsa and guacamole. I used a 6″ diameter flour tortilla and it yielded 6 round quesadillas if your using the larger size, 12″ then it will yield 3 to 4.