This dish is as easy as 1, 2, 3… and just as the title suggest, it is by far the fastest pasta meal I have ever made. Why? We’re using tuna and you can buy them cooked in a can. Nothing wrong with buying them fresh either, searing them in a pan or boiling them in brine would be just as good. This dish is fool proof. It only requires 10 ingredients. Talk about savory budget meals!
450 g tuna (tuna in oil)
500 g of pasta noodles
500 ml All purpose cream
2 tbsp chopped garlic
1 big red onion
Button mushroom (1 can)
salt & pepper
Parsley or basil to garnish (fresh or dried – both are optional)
GET IT ON:
- Cook pasta noodles in boiling water for about 8-12 min, depending on the cooking instructions.
- While the noodles are cooking, drain some of the oil from your tuna in a pan and sautè your garlic and onion. If your tuna is in brine then you may use olive oil for sautèing.
- Add in your all purpose cream, stir till you see it simmer.
- Add your tuna and mushroom, The mushroom can go in whole or sliced. I used the hot and spicy tuna for some kick.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Once your noodles are cooked drain them and add in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese and top your garnish.
This serves about 4-6 with generous helpings. Well?! How many minutes did it take you?